Frequently Asked Questions

Where do I find employee enrollment & termination  forms?

Visit our “Forms” page or call us at 1.800.261.7612.

What is open enrollment?

There are three time periods when eligible employees and/or dependents are allowed to enroll for coverage: Initial, Special & Annual Open Enrollment.

Initial Enrollment

Employees and dependents may enroll in coverage when the group applies for coverage. The enrollment forms must be received during the underwriting process. Once a group has been issued the Initial Enrollment period is closed. Eligible employees and/or dependents may only apply during either Annual Open Enrollment period, as indicated below, or apply within the standard guidelines of Special Enrollment.

Special Enrollment

Special enrollment refers to a period of time during which eligible employees may apply for coverage for themselves and/or dependents. Employees and/or dependents may enroll in coverage due to a Qualifying Life Event (QLE) or those who apply timely after satisfying the waiting period. When a life even occurs, employees and their dependent(s) are eligible to enroll within 30-days of the event.

  1. An eligible employee has satisfied his/her waiting period (ie. new hire).
  2. An employee, spoouse or dependent child who waived coverage when previously offered because other health insurance loses that coverage due to one of the following reasons.
  • Legal Separation/Divorce
  • Death
  • Termination of employment
  • Reduction in the number of hours of employment
  • Employer contributions toward the other coverage has terminated
  • No longer resides or works in the service area and no other benefit package is available
  • Cessation of dependent status (employee is also entitled to special enrollment period)
  • Plan no longer offers benefits to the class of similarly situated individuals that includes the individual

***Non payment of premiums, voluntary termination of coverage, or termination of coverage for cause do not allow special enrollment.

3. An employee, spouse or dependent child waived coverage when previously offered because of COBRA continuation or mandated state continuation and that coverage has been exhausted.

4. One of the following life events occur:

  • Marriage
  • Birth/Adoption
  • Legal Guardianship
  • A court orders coverage to be provided for a dependent.

5. An employee or dependent has a loss of, or eligibility for, a Medicaid plan or State Plan.

Annual Open Enrollment

For each subsequent plan year the Annual Open Enrollment period is offered. The annual open enrollment period runs 30-60 days prior to the groups annual effective/reissue date. During this time, eligible employees may enroll in coverage, provided they have satisfied the employment waiting period.


How to file a medical or dental claim.

Send a copy of your bill to the address provided on your medical or dental identification card. No claim forms necessary.

How to look up an in-network provider/doctor.

Look at your medical card to find the network logo. Click on the network logo to search for an in-network provider.


How to access your online medical plan/account.

Assurant Self-Funded Plans

  1. Visit and select Assurant Self-Funded Health Plans “Account Login”
  2. For your initial login, you will be directed to Allied’s home page where you can select the link “request a new account”
  3. Enter the required information on the “requested website account” page
  4. Then click the “submit request” button and you will receive account information to the email address provided.
  5. Once you have your login information you can access your account 24 hours a day at

More to come . . .